Well, the first leg of our journey is complete!
May 21 we set out for Missouri. My mom was sweet enough to make the trip with us. We couldn't have done it without her! Thanks for EVERYTHING, mom! I'm glad the babies got this time with Grammy too :) We left Denver around 9am. As I left my house, my driveway, my subdivision for the last time, I felt a little twinge of "oh shit" building up in my belly. Thankfully, it passed. I'll miss Colorado, no doubt about it. I mean, the two most incredible people EVER were born here! The good news is, we can visit whenever we feel the least bit "homesick". I doubt M gets much of that. He's raring to go. He doesn't leave CO for another week and a half. One last stick-it-to-ya from Uncle Sam.
Uncle Sam has been good to us (mostly), so I won't complain too much. The babies slept right out of the gates, completely oblivious to the massive change engulfing them. They did so great the whole day. No crying at all. Seriously. We stopped in the town I was born in, Hays KS, and got some baby milk, fruit, etc for the rugrats. I tried telling the babies all about Kansas and what we were seeing, but they just laughed. I guess that's the normal reaction when you try to talk up Kansas.
We stopped for the evening in Salina KS. The hotel we stayed at (Holiday Inn) was sort of off the beaten path. Right across the street was an old prairie church sitting in a hay field. As the sun set that field looked like it had caught fire. It was incredible. I tried getting some pictures, but my lense wasn't up for the task. I'll upload and edit as soon as I get a chance.
The next morning we were once again "on the road again" *sang like Willie Nelson*. We made it from Salina to Topeka and stopped for lunch there. Steak -n- Shake, lunch of champions. That's the one bad thing about travelling (ok, there's more than one), nothing but junk to eat. We made it to our destination in Missouri around 4pm and we've been settling in here since then.
Coach and Fancy crawled right up to my dad and put their arms up to be held. That.never.happens. There's usually a good 30 minutes of crying and scrambling up into our arms before they'll relax and play with someone they're not super familiar with. I think the week with my mom helped that. They seem to be adjusting well. Bedtime was a bit of a nightmare, but I expected that.
I've got babies crawling all over me, I'll have to finish this later.
No comments:
Post a Comment