4.26.2012

{a rainy day in Colorado}

I realized I haven't talked all that much about stages and what we are and aren't doing in terms of bottles, pacifiers, foods, etc.

So to kick that off, as soon as we got the all clear to start Organic Whole Milk we kicked bottles cold turkey.  They don't miss them at all.  Coach hasn't been taking them for a while and so the switch to 100% sippy cups was one he was so ready for.  The first few days we had to heat up the milk in the sippys because they didn't like it cold, but they take it right out of the fridge now.  I can't tell you how much easier this is and how much cheaper!  Formula was an arm and a leg.  While Organic milk isn't cheap, its nowhere near what formula was.

We're weaning pacifiers.  As of this week, they only take them for naps and bed time.  They're a little more fussy, they're always looking for the pacifier clip, but it doesn't seem to phase them overall.  Whew!  I'm counting on bed time and nap time paci weaning being a little more challenging.  They're pretty easy going kids though, so we'll see.

Right now they're eating 100% big people food and have been since 10 months.  Here's what a normal day looks like:

Wake up-8:30am

Breakfast-8:30am-I usually choose a fruit (whole blueberries, grapes, banana, strawberries, kiwi, orange, pineapple, mango), a grain (whole wheat english muffin with butter, whole wheat pancake with butter, toast with butter and occasionally oatmeal) and some yogurt (used to be baby organic, now its greek organic which they LOVE).  They have milk in their sippys for breakfast.

Snack-10:30am-a sippy with milk and they share an orange/banana/yogurt and some cheerios.

Nap-11am

Lunch-1pm-Pretty much the same as breakfast, but we usually have a veggie in place of the grain or whole wheat pasta.  Sometimes we'll do grilled cheese or mac and cheese (judge away).  But everything else is mainly the same.  Sippy with water.

Snack-3pm-see morning snack.

Nap-3(ish)pm

Dinner-5:30pm-Pretty much the same as lunch, but we don't really do yogurt here unless they're not eating anything else.  Like tonight.  We try to have veggies (steamed broccoli, steamed squash, steamed sweet potatoe, steamed zucchini, etc.) instead of another grain. Sippy with water.

Fancy is mildly allergic to eggs or we'd serve those more.  We do a lot of fruit.  They love fruit and its good for them, so why not.  I wish they'd be more accommodating with veggies, but they're 1 and they're exploring, so we're being very patient while they figure things out :)  We do avocado's every couple days.  We try to rotate out so they don't get sick of things.  Which happens anyway.  

I should also add, we add milled flax to their yogurt.  Coach has poo problems sometimes and this helps takes care of that naturally without pumping him full of sweet artificial juices.

Just tearing apart a book, Momma.  Shamefully, I didn't actually know they were shredding it until I edited these pictures. 

She loves a good thunderstorm, like her momma!

This kid makes me smile.  I white out their names at M's request.  I think its silly, but he insists. 

Reading a book. 

Thunder!

Surprisingly decent light, given the clouds and storm.

Silly little man.

Two posts in one day.  Aren't you lucky ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment