So today I've witnessed Fancy pick her nose, blow kisses at Elmo (no idea where she learned this) and run (crawl fast) from her brother wielding both tooth brushes and giggle hysterically when he got too close. That's my girl :) Oh and fighting too. I tried to get some pictures of all Fancy's exploits, but of course, she got embarrassed when I kneeled down and put the camera in her face. Oh yes, our sassy gal gets embarrassed.
The wind is killer out there. I just heard a loud scuffle outside and I look to find my trashcan laying on my porch. M should be home for lunch soon, he can take care of that :)
Somethings that bother me about Sesame Street:
> Telly's pet hamster is named Chuckie Sue. This bothers me. A lot, but I can't pinpoint why.
> Rosita is ridiculously annoying with her obvious fake accent. Well, it sounds fake to me anyway.
> Elmo's song of the day, where they repeat one word over and over, give me shingles.
> After I watch the Count count the number of the day, my thoughts have a transylvanian accent for at least an hour.
> Baby Bear's deliberate speech issues drive me up the wall. I just keep thinking that he needs a speech eval. That can't be good for our kids to hear, right?!
Despite this list, its the best choice I think. You should see my list for Yo Gabba Gabba. We tried some Banana's in Pyjama's yesterday and I wanted to scrape my eyes out. Ok, that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but still. It was awful. The babies love Elmo and Abby on Sesame Street, so we'll stick with it. I love seeing them get excited when they recognize a character and learn to blow kisses, etc. Adorable. I realize some people don't let they're kids watch tv. I think, in moderation, its a-ok. They're never just sitting, watching the tv. They play and dance to the music, occasionally looking up to see what's going on. More background noise than anything.
There was going to be pictures with this post, but picnik is being annoying and I don't feel like effing with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment