Today we took the babies to the park for the first time. Before you go asking why they have never been to the park in their entire first year...the answer is, I don't know. We just never got around to it. Mainly because the first year I was iffy about taking them out around other kids before they were vaccinated. I realize that sounds nutso, but if you're babies have spent any time in the NICU, you know what I'm talking about.
They LOVED it. They loved being outside for a couple hours. They loved the swings. They loved the slide. They just loved it. It was a beautiful Colorado day and I'm so glad we decided to get out and enjoy it. We don't have too many left.
I'm in kind of a picture funk right now. The shots from the last couple days have been "noisy" (grainy) and a tad blurry. Not sure what I changed, but I intend to figure it out this weekend. Here are some examples. I still like the pictures, despite the flaws, but the perfectionist in me is screaming.
This girl is my muse. The camera loves her.


Honey Boy caught being sassy

The good news is, she likes to stare out the window. Direct sunlight makes her beautiful eyes shine.
I take hundreds of shots of this kid and I'd say one out of 50 is decent. He's a tough cookie! Places to go and people to see.

On our way to the park! I guess you can see where Fancy gets those brilliant baby blues from.
She hated the swing at first. Then she started giggling. Can't argue with a giggle :)

This kid just kicked back and enjoyed the mountain breeze.

I love when they laugh.
They like to be together (despite their annoying fighting), so this was their favorite way to swing.

Checking out the clover patch. We didn't find a 4 leafer :(
Packing commences tomorrow. 1/2 of me is busting out of my skin excited and the other 1/2 is dreading this move. So much to do and so much has to line up. As you know, I'm extraordinarily anxious. This move is doing NOTHING for my nerves.
I think I have M talked into selling the Jeep. One step closer to my mini-van! Did I really just type that? I agreed to tough it out for another couple months in my Accord, but its just too small. We only have two kids right now and we're always sardined in.
Since we only have 5(ish) weeks left here, I'm begging M to take the babies up to Loveland Pass. Its the closest pass (I think Guanella is actually closer, but they had the pass torn up as long as we've lived here) and I want to get a pic of the babies on the divide. I've been too chickenshit to take them up much higher because of Coach's RDS (respiratory distress syndrome) at birth. We did take them to Aspen in January and you have to cross Vail Pass (12000+ ft) and they did great, so I'm probably being a freak for no reason. Loveland isn't the prettiest pass, but hey, its the continental divide, that in itself makes it beyond amazing.
I'm also starting to freak a little more about moving out of our townhouse. We live in military housing, but its privatized. I've heard so many awful stories about people getting charged thousands of dollars. I literally lose sleep at night worrying about this. We've had 5 people move off our street this week. I think everyone's getting a little sick of their bullshit, but maybe its just because of PCS season too. The moving trucks are all over the place and you know what? In just over a month ITS FINALLY OUR TURN! I can't wait to exit that gate forever. I'll have to type up a "remembering ------- AFB" before I go.
M's going to NC soon to look for houses. Our goal is to buy and we've got10 9 that he's going to see when he gets there. One of our top 10 sold this week. It wasn't a fave, so I wasn't all that broken up about it. I have everything crossed that he'll find a beautiful house, make an offer that's accepted and that we'll be able to close either before we get there or not long after. What are the chances of that happening? I need to also write a "buying a home from 1700 miles away" post.
I'm rambling. Off to bed. Night all!
I think I have M talked into selling the Jeep. One step closer to my mini-van! Did I really just type that? I agreed to tough it out for another couple months in my Accord, but its just too small. We only have two kids right now and we're always sardined in.
Since we only have 5(ish) weeks left here, I'm begging M to take the babies up to Loveland Pass. Its the closest pass (I think Guanella is actually closer, but they had the pass torn up as long as we've lived here) and I want to get a pic of the babies on the divide. I've been too chickenshit to take them up much higher because of Coach's RDS (respiratory distress syndrome) at birth. We did take them to Aspen in January and you have to cross Vail Pass (12000+ ft) and they did great, so I'm probably being a freak for no reason. Loveland isn't the prettiest pass, but hey, its the continental divide, that in itself makes it beyond amazing.
I'm also starting to freak a little more about moving out of our townhouse. We live in military housing, but its privatized. I've heard so many awful stories about people getting charged thousands of dollars. I literally lose sleep at night worrying about this. We've had 5 people move off our street this week. I think everyone's getting a little sick of their bullshit, but maybe its just because of PCS season too. The moving trucks are all over the place and you know what? In just over a month ITS FINALLY OUR TURN! I can't wait to exit that gate forever. I'll have to type up a "remembering ------- AFB" before I go.
M's going to NC soon to look for houses. Our goal is to buy and we've got
I'm rambling. Off to bed. Night all!




No comments:
Post a Comment