4.28.2012

{and here's where we CELEBRATE!}

(LINK)

Today we bought our very first house!  Well, we offered, the builder accepted, and the ball is now rolling.  We close May 31.  Holy COW.  

A little about our cute new home:  Located in NC and the cutest house ever.  Its a new build-brand spanking new, never been lived in (holla!).  Three bedrooms, two baths.  It comes with a smidge of acreage and lots of trees in the back.  We're putting in a hammock the first week we're there.  Its really beautiful.  Its a perfect size for us and its a blank canvas.  I can't wait to start painting.  To the left is forest and to the right is another lot and a house or two.  We're at the end of the subdivision, so I'm looking forward to a little peace and quiet.  

Its been a stressful, surreal couple of days (since I've been armchair quarterbacking the buy from CO), but my sweet husband and my sweet dad found the perfect home for us to love!  I think my dad is just as excited as we are!  Once we close and move in (in a month) I'll post more pictures.  The good thing about buying a builder home is its sodded and landscaped.  I'd like to put in flowers and a vegetable garden in the back or on the side.  I'd like to be self sustaining (in terms of organic veggies) in a few years.  We'll see how that goes.  I'd also like to have a couple more kids and we know how well I multi-task. 

Anyone needing a good VA loan guy?  Let me know if you do, we have the best!  Jason used to work with M and he's been in the biz for 20 something years.  He's amazing and he really takes care of his military folks!  If you're looking for the sweetest realtor in NC, I can refer you to her as well.  She worked so hard for us, day and night and was so prompt.  She told us what to stay away from and helped us as family would have.  We're forever in her debt.  She is even introducing us to a church and me to some mommy groups and an all women's fitness center.  I'm so thankful for these two amazing people.  We've been in this game (to one degree or another) Since November and they've been patient with us and the Air Force as our dates changed 45 times (slight exaggeration;)).  Amazing.  I'd love to recommend them if anyone's looking for a realtor or a loan man.  

A big thank you to my dad.  Thank you for going in my place.  Thank you for being not only a fabulous father-in-law (who he loves to pieces), but also a friend.  He's had a great time there with you this week and I know he's so grateful you came along to help him out.  Thank you for being as excited about hunting for/buying our first home as we are.  You're awesome and we're so thankful for you.  And thank you to Nova for letting us borrow him for the week!  

And a HUGE thank you to my husband.  He made the trek solo (which was probably best) and spent all day looking at 20 or so houses.  He missed a get-together with his new unit just to get things settled with out offer.  He does so much for us.  I'm so thankful he's ours.  The babies and I miss him like crazy, but we're so excited about our new home!  He's head over heels for this house.  He sounds like a kid at Christmas, its really great!  He's happy and you can't ask for a better scenario than that, right?  I love you boo, thanks for all you do for us.  

And thank you to my readers (if anyone even reads this blog!).  I've complained and whined a lot lately.  But, if you're reading this it means you're still with me :)  I'm sure I'll still complain and whine (especially about base housing and moving across the country with twoddlers), but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.  

So that's that.  We bought a house today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment