We had Coach and Fancy's well baby appointment yesterday. Yes, almost 2 weeks late. I'm a slacker.
Coach
Weight - 21.7lbs (25th percentile)
Height - 30 1/4in long (60th percentile)
Head circumference - 45 3/4 (25th percentile)
I like - standing on top of things and screaming, taking toys from my sister, playing peekaboo, taking steps and cruising along furniture, walking with momma and daddy's help, kitty, The Office, Elmo, headbutting things-especially my sister, playing pretty much any game with my sister, reading, tickling my sister, combing my hair, grapes, throwing my food on the floor, throwing anything really, playing with my daddy, being outside...
FancyWeight - 20.3lbs (30th percentile)
Height - 28 1/2in (25th percentile)
Head circumference - 45 2/3 (70th percentile)
I like - doing laundry (she pulls all the laundry out of the baskets and "sorts" it), pulling wipes out of the container and throwing them everywhere, reading, playing with my brother, MOMMA, combing my hair, helping momma put lotion on, helping momma scratch her arm (she copies pretty much everything I do), yogurt, sneaking Nellie-dog food, playing with my daddy, going on walks, snuggling...
The pediatrician was pleased that they were eating 100% big people food. We started out on baby food and pretty much went to a late, tweaked version of baby led weaning. We've been given the ok to start Organic Whole Milk. Yay! No more formula! That shit is expensive.
They got their first Varicella (chicken pox) and PCV (pneumoccoccal/conjugate) yesterday. We're delaying MMR and Hep A until later this month. If I'm honest, MMR makes me really nervous. Not b/c of the debunked autism connection, but from a reaction standpoint. I'm VERY pro-vax, but I always worry about a violent reaction with immunizations. I know they need them. I'd never put them in harms way by not getting them. I want them to be vaccinated, but I still am apprehensive when they roll around. Thankfully, with this round (well, the first half), there haven't been any bad reactions.
The above paragraph isn't meant to start a vax/non-vax war, just stating my position where MY children are concerned.
Oh and P.S. the pediatrician mentioned that looking at their mad skillz (gross motor, fine motor, communication, problem solving, personal-social questionairre) and their weight/height/etc, she wouldn't have even guessed they were early. They're right on track or ahead of where they are expected at 12 months. It does a momma's heart good to hear that her former 5lbs squirts are doing so well.
And now for some pictures from today. These were taken in manual mode, so there's some motion blur. You've been warned :)
A peaceful moment
I like to yell, yelling's fun!
And because this is what 75% of pictures I take look like, grabby-gal :) Yes that's cat hair on her hand, she was just petting kitty.







No comments:
Post a Comment