We spent the couple hours before church curled up with a good book. We love books! We're currently reading The BIG Book of 60,000 Baby Names (don't get any ideas, just a book we don't mind them playing with-there isn't another baby on the way) and The Official Chuck Norris Fact Book.
My oh my what a day! The thing no one tells you about 11 month old's is that they're tough! They know what they want and what they don't, but they haven't figured out how to regulate their emotions. For example, in Barnes & Noble the other day I gave the babies a taste of my cookie (I know, I know) and when it was gone Fancy threw the mother of all shit fits. I guess I don't blame her, but this is a daily occurrence, only replace the cookie with just about anything on any give day. She goes banana's when we tell her "no". The full on "throw my head back, arch my back, scream fit". Yeah. Coach started a similar behavior, in church no less.
Now when someone says "you really have your hands full" I just nod, smile and say "you have no idea!" Despite the challenges of early toddlerhood, I still love it. We're learning that EVERYTHING is a challenge with toddlers. We went to Panera after church today and it was chaos! I refuse to barricade myself at home because we haven't gotten our groove yet. The family sitting next to us had a 2 year old who kept on taking off and mom (who was about 9 months pregnant) looked at me and said "you're lucky yours aren't walking yet." She's right! What are we going to do when they are walking?!?
We spend a lot of time behind the plexiglass at church. Inevitably someone throws a shit fit and I end up running up the aisle to avoid ruining the whole sermon. More than once the older members of our church have mentioned the cry room. The thing is, up until now, they were completely perfect in church. They usually fell asleep because church is during their morning nap. Now, I'm not sure what we'll do. I guess the cry room or hanging out in the hall is our only option. Work in progress!
Hope everyone had a great weekend :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment