1.14.2012

{thoughts on a solemn January day}

I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to NEEDED a haircut NOW.  I called the salon yesterday and they told me my stylist was booked until next week.  Fudge.  In my hastiness, I asked if they had another stylist available Saturday.  They did!  She had an 8am appointment!  

I got there and I told her I was desperately in need of a change.  My hair was well past my bra and half way down my back.  It was mousy, heavy, the babies pulled it and I just need to look cute.  We decided to leave some length but clean it up and make it stylish and cute.  Well some length turned into 8+ inches.  As soon as I saw how much she was cutting I had to hold back tears.  I truly do like the cut, its just too much too soon.  You have to work up to a bob when you've had looooooooong hair for 4 years.  I grew that length while I was baking my babies.  I have attachment to that hair.  

This is what I ended up with.  In these pics its not styled at all, but you get the idea of length.  I also have bangs that I'm not sure I like yet.  Ready or not...


SUPA short


I miss my hair :(

The good news is, its a great cut/style, so when I get used to it I'll have a lot of fun with it.  Also, its JUST HAIR.  It will grow back.  I needed a fresh start.  When we move to NC and its deathly hot, I'll be able to wear it curly and be relatively cool.  Its cute, I really do like it, but the shock of losing all my beautiful hair in a matter of 15 minutes is just jarring.  Cheers to getting used to my new *short* do!

The babies are just crazy fun these days.  Talking up a storm.  Repeating simple sounds and saying about 4 words.  Mama is no longer among them :(  Everytime I ask them to say Mama they say Dada.  Little turkeys.  They are laughing so much.  They play and laugh together in "the pit" (our baby enclosure).  Its adorable.  BOTH babies can now high-five on demand.  They think its hysterical.  Fancy is in her Momma phase.  I have to be the one holding her at.all.times.  Its precious, but heartbreaking when I have to leave for work.  

The babies have their own language.  I'm not sure how that will develop as they learn to talk, but Coach will shoot out some jibberish and Fancy will repeat it and laugh hysterically.  When M or I tries to join the fun, they both turn and look at us like we're an un-invited guest to the party.  Woops!  Currently they're cracking up over something in the pit.  Gosh I love them :)  I ask M all the time why we waited so long to have kids.  They're so fun!  I also ask when we can have the next one ;)  Nope, not for a bit, we'll be sure to let everyone know if/when we're blessed to be expecting again.  

Speaking of work, just 2 weeks left!  I'm so ready to be home with my babies, but very sad to leave such a wonderful place.  C & J have taken such good care of me and have been amazing throughout my ectopic (the first month I started working for them 3 years ago), my pregnancy, maternity leave and our issues with M's unit.  They're so great, I'm blessed to have found them :)  I'm planning on working as needed, M's schedule permitting, and so I'm not completely done.  Its been a joy to work for them for the last 3 years!  

Baby Coach chillin' with my comb at Chipotle today.  The kid would rather dig in my purse and find things to chew on than his toys.  Whatever works!

Fancy already after my wallet.  Her fave toy from my purse is my phone, but since I got a new iphone last weekend, she not longer gets that pleasure.  We do let them play with the old iphone from time to time though.  

We're easing into table foods now.  So far we've got avocado and banana's under our belts.  They looove them both, so we'll continue that and hope to have them off baby food completely by the end of January.  Holy cow, my babies are almost 10 months old.  Its been an absolutely wild 10 months!

One more thing.  My great aunt M was recently diagnosed with cancer.  They think it has metastasized to her brain.  Her husband also is having some major medical problems (stroke, I believe) and is very sick as well.  Can you remember them in your prayers?  This is such a hard time for their kids and the rest of us.  I have so many sweet holiday/childhood/family memories with them.

1 comment: