11.13.2011

{sleep fail}

We co-sleep.  Well we did until last night.  The babies seem "ready" (?) to sleep in their own beds.  They take most naps in their cribs, but Fancy HATES them and so its always a fight.  She does eventually go down if she gets sleepy enough, but after a power nap she wakes up and realizes where she is and FREAKS out.  Waking her brother up in the process.  

Last night we attempted bedtime in the cribs.  F-A-I-L.  The went down perfectly around 7:30p.  That lasted for about 3 hours.  Fancy woke up first commencing her usual freak out.  Thankfully Coach snoozed through this little tantrum.  I swooped her up and brought her into bed with us while we perused the internet and got ready for bed.  She fell fast asleep immediately.  I gently lay her in her crib, as soon as her sweet little blonde head hits the mattress, she screams.  And I mean screams.

Coach is now up so we decide to give them a bottle.  Bottles done, babies asleep, we attempt to get them into their cribs.  Nope.  She's not having it-at ALL.  I make the executive decision to bring the cribs into our rooms.  


If I'm doing nights alone (while M works) I'm not walking all the way down the hall every 15 minutes.  This way they'll be a foot away and I'll be less tempted to drag them into bed with me :)  

We attempted naps in the cribs again today and it was another epic failure, but we'll get there...Right???

1 comment:

  1. Try sleeping with her crib sheet with you one or two nights and then put it on her mattress. Maybe your scent will fake her out.

    Fight the good fight though. Every kid goes through this whether it's as a newborn or after co-sleeping is done and consistency is the important thing.

    ReplyDelete