After humming and hawing over which convertible car seat to get for months, we've decided to go with the tried and true Graco My Ride 65's.
I was having a tough time deciding whether or not to go gender neutral with two black ("Mavo") or live life on the wild side and get these. In the end, I went with color. Most of our stuff is gender neutral (for babies 3, 4, 5 and 6 to use)<<<JOKE, but VERY colorful (example uno, example dos and example tres) so the thought of just plain black just wasn't doing it for me.
I'm happy with our choices, but in a perfect world, where $ does in fact grow on trees, I'd have a couple of these bad boys in my back seat.

Britax Boulevard 70CS in "Cowmooflage"
Just couldn't quite find an extra $680 (+ taxes and shipping) in the budget for these (According to Amazon's low price of $340 a pop) and I'm not quite to the point where I'll prostitute for $<<<another joke.
They should arrive sometime in the next week and a half. Raise your hand if you get REALLY excited for internet buys to reach your front porch!!! Now I'm just praying they fit in our Accord. I hear convertible car seats are all pretty bulky. We're hoping to fit them side-by-side this time so I don't have to climb in between the seats. We get smarter as we get older :)
I always thought we'd push the infant seats to the max (in our case 30 bleeping lbs). Can you imagine carrying around a thirty pounder in an infant seat? Well I can't. I'm struggling with two 17 pounders. Coach is long and they seem to be outgrowing their seats (and everything else) rapidly, so we're jumping the gun and making the transition.


We jumped the gun too. My little porker is just too heavy to lug around in the infant carrier anymore. The infant carrier was handy for about five seconds.
ReplyDelete