10.10.2011

{pumpkin patch, pirates & poop}

We went to a pumpkin patch about 30 minutes outside of the mile high.  It was nice to get out of the rat race for the afternoon.  There is a large pirate ship at the exit off of I-70 and its pretty clear that they love that theme.  All the signs had some sort of ship garb "this way matey's", etc.  We didn't really understand what pirates had to do with pumpkins, but whatev.


It snowed yesterday so we came equipped with coats, hats and blankets for the babes.  We forgot extra layers for ourselves, but we managed.  In the shade it was super cold.  The shade is also where we found evidence of yesterday's snow.  We pretty much stayed out of the shade :)



This place was pretty neat.  There was a whole little Halloween village!  Other attractions included a corn maze, hay rides and even a HAUNTED hay ride for those brave enough to come after dark.  I'd love to do that sometime, but I'm not ready to leave the babes with a sitter yet.  Maybe next year?


The babies, all snuggled in their stroller, promptly fell asleep.  I was pretty bummed because the whole reason for us coming to the pumpkin patch was to get some cute hay bale/pumpkin/corn maze pics.  Well as usual, they had other plans :)  That's ok, we snuck some gourds and pumpkins into the stroller for a photo op with our sleeping sweeties.






Yep, this is as good as it gets for Autumn pics at the pumpkin patch :)

Around 3pm the crazy Colorado winds picked up and it was WAY too cold to be outside any longer.  There are no trees in that part of CO, so nothing to break the winds.  Speaking of wind, Friday we had record breaking winds sweep through.  Around noon they recorded 65 mph!  It blew our garbage cans and my front lawn decor all over the place.

We get home, feed the babies and M stands up.  He says "I think Coach pooped on me".  I look at the wet spot on his thigh and pass it off as Coach's usual pee leak.  M starts to change his diaper, pulls off his overalls and there's poop from his stomach to his socks.  Holy SHIT.  Literally.  Panic washes over M's face.  We look at each other, expecting the other to take charge and figure out what to do.

I head to the kitchen sink and start clearing dishes out of one side.  M is holding Coach over the counter by the armpits as the poor kid tries relentlessly to kick out of his grasp.  We got him stripped, wiped him-poop fell to the floor despite our careful efforts and into the sink.  He, none the wiser, splashed and played like it was any other bath.  We soaped him up and got him out and dressed.

I was walking out the door to Target as this happened so I jokingly asked M if I should wait around to see if Fancy had any tricks up her sleeve.  He laughed and shooed me out the door.  Not 20 minutes later, I get a frantic phone call from him.  You guessed it, round TWO!  Fancy had an identical blow out and also pooped down to her socks.  How does this happen?!


Needless to say, it was a FULL day.  The babies are having their last bottle and we're hitting the HAY ;)

Happy birthday to my wonderful mother!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your Momma - holy cow your kids are adorable!!

    I have a twin sister - nothing like being born with a best friend. :D

    ReplyDelete