9.13.2011

{what's in a name?}

I posted on a message board about baby names this a.m.  I love this board because I love discussing baby names.  I just LOOOVE the name Georgia.  I brought it up to M not long ago as a possibility for a future daughter.  He immediately gave me a death stare and reminded me that his hard living, unkind grandfather was named George and that name had too many negative connotations for us to use for our sweet (phantom) future baby girl. 

But I LOVE this name.  So, I posted on the baby names board asking what other mommies would do in my position, nix the name forever or keep it and mull it over.  After all it will be at least a year before we even need to consider naming another baby.  I wouldn't say I got flamed, but I was called insensitive for "drudging up bad memories" with a name.  I reminded them that M had never met this man and its not like he's close to his aunts/uncles/cousins.  I just really don't see an issue here. 

So Georgia stays in the hopes that maybe, just maybe M will come around.  I think it fits well with our kids names and has an absolutely adorable nickname, Georgie!  Other names I love, Elizabeth - nn Libby, Mary Catherine - nn Mary Cate, Sabrina (M hates this one so I doubt it'll reach a birth certificate), Mila (pronounced Mee-lah NOT My-lah), Josephine - nn Joey and Ada for girls.  Boys are a little tougher to me.  You have to really put thought into a boy's name.  He'll one day be a man and the name you chose has to work with a little boy and a grown man.  I like Abel, Henry - nn Huck, Samuel, Joseph - nn Joss, August and Abbott.

M hates to talk baby names, especially when we're not even expecting.  I guess I don't blame him, but I've got to build the arsenal up for the next set of twins...hahahaahahahahahahahhaahhahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment