What a blessed 5 months its been! Its hard to believe we're inching so quickly toward their first birthday. Each day brings a new experience to marvel at.
What are we doing at 5 months?
-rolling...everywhere! We can't turn our backs when we put them on their play mat or on the bed. They roll across the room if we let them!
-talking. Both babies gab constantly. Its precious! They're learning to express themselves and they're little voices are just so sweet!
-teething. Full blown teething. No teeth to speak of, but we have sore gums and love to chew on our frozen teethers...and anything else we can get in our mouths.
-holding bottles...sort of. They start out all feeds by holding their own bottles and then their little arms get tired and they drop them. Hey its a start!
-pushing up on their legs. They love to "stand". We joke that Fancy will skip right over crawling and just start walking one day :)
-starting to push up on their hands and knees. I'd say they're in the very very early stages of crawling. Coach actually gets some carpet behind him occasionally. He pushes on his belly. He's so anxious to get moving!
-they love raspberries on their bellies! It gets them into the funniest giggle fits!
-head and neck control is stellar. Coach loves tummy time and it shows! His head/neck are almost stronger than his sister's now.
They're such a joy. We are so in love. They recognize us and each other now, so when a "stranger" comes near them they're starting to get upset and cling to us. They are doing a sort of twin talk these days. Its unmistakable. They are very aware of each other and when they're together they are always touching or holding hands. They rub each other's heads to fall asleep. We rock them to sleep together because they need to be near each other. I love having twins and I love watching their bond develop :) They're like magnets attracting each other wherever they are. Its pretty awesome to watch. I'm actually (stupidly?) hoping for another set one day :)
This is from last night. I'll take their official 5 month picture when I get home.
Baby Coach is really starting to look like me. FINALLY! I love these guys! Promise I'll post the official 5 month pic tonight or tomorrow. Happy Monday!
Love the pictures and stories of your little ones! I think it so stinking cute how you can see how different their little personalities are by their expressions in your photos. Enjoy every minutes. They get big sooo fast!!!
ReplyDelete