7.09.2011

{Its time}

WAY overdue in fact.  Operation drop the pregnancy pounds will commence bright and early tomorrow morning.  My body is ready.  I've been eating crap for the last 3 months.  I was a gestational diabetic and I ate basically cardboard for breakfast lunch and dinner.  I hated it, but I lost like 10lbs during my third trimester.  When I gave birth I was way under my pre-pregnancy weight.  I should have taken that little blessing and ran with it.  Instead, I ate like a hog.  That's not an understatement.

I've gained 8lbs since delivery.  Doesn't sound like much, but it IS.  My belly deflated when the babies came and now its working on re-inflating with fat.  I paint a gross picture, but its the truth.  I'm putting this in writing to keep myself accountable.  I feel like a blimp.  I'm sure I look like one too, but M's too sweet to be honest with me.  God love him :)

I had my yearly OB appointment today and they think my extremely hormonal twin pregnancy threw my thyroid out of whack.  Fab.  I should know the results next week.  No idea what the protocol is if I'm hypo or hyper, but looking forward to relief from my issues-if thyroid troubles are causing them.  We'll see.

We've had some pretty incredible storms here lately.  Lots of rain, hail, flash flooding, intense lightning and tornadoes.  It seems like every afternoon for the last couple weeks, a storm rolls in off the mountains.  While I like watching them from afar, they get pretty scary when the flood waters rise up to your windshield in a matter of minutes, the lightning strikes the flight line a football field away from your house and the storms get so bad they lock up base and force us all into shelters.

This, however, this is worth it :)  After every storm in Colorado, there is a rainbow.  This one is a double, but I cropped out most of the second one.  This was a FULL double.  They're rare and oh so beautiful.  Living in Colorado has made me love rainbows more than anyone should.  Something about seeing that beautiful transparent bow glide in front of the Rockies, its just marvelous.

  

And one more because I'm so in love...

My whole heart in one queen sized bed.  Love doesn't even begin to describe it.
I love how Coach busted out of his swaddle and Fancy is still neatly wrapped.  Pretty much par for the course.  He busts out of his about 5 minutes after we swaddle him.  The boy likes things his way, what can I say.

Happy weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment