2.03.2011

A shitty car update and some pics

As you can probably guess, we were handed a big poop sandwich today.  The Jeep is out of commission.  Its a 6 cylinder and one of the cylinders is CRACKED.  Mother f*cker.  I'm sorry, but thats really the only appropriate thing I can think to say right now.  I apologize if I offend.  We owe a couple thousand still on the loan (which isn't bad), so our options are to rebuild the cylinder or that block of the engine-to the tune of $2000...not including labor, have an entirely new engine put in-to the tune of $2500-$4000 or sell it for parts and buy a new coche.  Man this sucks.  Right now, we're probably going to have it towed to get a second opinion on it before we make any big plans.  My dad seems to think that Firestone isn't really equipped to diagnose something so deep in the motor, and they can't repair it anyway, so we're taking it to someone who can.  

We could get a newer used car, but we have two babies coming VERY soon and adding that much to a loan we already have is just not smart.  Sure, we have a good chunk of savings, but these days, you need savings so we're not touching that at this point.  Plus, I'm barely working since I'm on modified bedrest, so we to have a buffer until I go back to work after the babies come.  Sometimes I really just want to crawl into a hole and sleep until someone fixes my problems for me.  M's no use right now either.  He's beyond FURIOUS and theres a lot of b.s. going on at his shop right now so he's getting it piled on too...not to mention that he's completely running our home on his own since I'm essentially bed/couch ridden except for a few hours a day.  God love him.

I realize I'm usually upbeat and pretty cheerful about life.  I can take a hurdle every now and then, but this is testing my sanity.  I'm so over the "short end of the stick".  I have so much good in my life, and I know that, truly I do, but right now I feel like there's a big arrow over our heads that says "shit on these guys they got too happy".  I just goes to show you, you think you have life all figured out and you're HAPPY, content and looking forward to the future, then the rug gets pulled out from under you.  My mom keeps telling me, "it will all work out for the best, it always does."  I hope you're right mom, I really do.  I had a good convo with Momma bear tonight, had a good cry and I'm hoping that bright side of the scenario blinds us pretty soon.  I'm ready for good news :)  

Speaking of happy things :)  Some of you have been asking for updated baby belly pics, well, here ya go!  These were taken tonight at 29w3d.  I'm doing pretty well, big and sore and hoping the rest of pregnancy passes quickly.  As much as I love feeling these two pumpkins kick and move and having this special time with them, I'm ready to meet them (well I'm ready for the next 4 weeks to fly)!  I'm ready to see their daddy and our family/friends meet them!  Not now though babies, you're stuck with me for a minimum of 4 more weeks.  



We've had Nellie (dog) for almost 2 years.  We had two cats prior to her Charlie (the little one who's lighter) and Elvis (the big dark guy).  In these two years the cats have never warmed up to our poor sweet Nellie.  Seriously.  When the cats see her they hiss and bat at her and when she sees them, she chases them like rabbits...its that damn coon hound blood.  Well, lately the cats have had a change of heart.  The change of heart seems to wax and wane, but hey, we'll take what we can get!  Last night (M worked the night shift) all three were in bed with me.  Nellie was in the middle, Elvis next to her and Charlie was on M's pillow.  No hissing, no fighting, NO BLOOD!  This evening I walk to the bathroom and this is what I see.  Frenemies!  Baby steps my friends, baby steps


I hope everyone is warm and cozy on this chilly, snowy evening!  

2 comments:

  1. OY! I hope the car situation gets fixed soon. I love the tummy pics! So presh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome belly there lady! LOVE it!! :) Thanks for the updates, we're praying and darn that just blows. You'll figure it out and this problem will seem like years ago in just a few weeks!!! lol Well that wasn't very encouraging was it?! Oh boy...shutting up. Anyway. I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete