This sweet precious baby girl is Nella. (Picture taken from Enjoying The Small Things)
Nella was born on January 22, 2010. The day she was born her parents got the surprise of their life when they learned their long awaited baby girl had Down's Syndrome. Here is her Birth Story. This is one of the most raw, beautiful birth stories I've ever read. Her mom is an extremely talented writer and photographer and I've been hooked on her blog since I read about Nella's birth. Its hard not to fall in love with this sweet family. Nella has a big sister named Lainey Love and she's just as cute as little Miss Nella.
So on to my point! Nella was born with an extra chromosome, this condition is called Down's Syndrome. Kelle, Nella's mom, swears this extra chromosome is magic! I love that she embraces all the beauty of this little girl and creates this special "magic" from the extra chromosome. So much love here! Nella is turning ONE in a couple weeks and her parents have decided to pay it forward. They are trying to raise $15,000 for NDSS (National Down's Syndrome Society). Here is their fundraising page and here is her blog post about why they are paying it forward.
If you have a hankering, head on over and check out all the links I posted!

OH MY GOSH! What a doll! I love that precious face!
ReplyDelete