Lets go backwards, shall we?
December
We celebrated the beauty of the birth of our Lord. Christmas is a magical holiday for many reasons, I just love the joy it brings.
We got a Wii! I know, last people on the planet to get one. We hooked it up a few days ago, got rid of cable and have enjoyed Netflix and Wii ever since...plus its about 1/10 of the price of cable. Can't beat saving $!
November
We got to go back to the homeland!!! We primarily went for my Grandpa's 80th birthday celebration (so fun!), it was wonderful to see our family. We also headed down to the southern part of the state to see M's family. That was a blast as well, gosh we miss the homeland. Planning a trip back next Oct for my mom's wedding! M turned 28 and we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary the next day! We also found out in November that we were having a healthy Baby Boy and a healthy Baby Girl :)
October
Just your average every day October I guess. Both my parents birthday's are in Oct and of course we carved some pumpkins :) Pretty low key.
M did compete in his first Crossfit Competition "Barbells for Boobs". That was entertaining! He didn't place, but he did great!September
Air Force Academy 9/11 game. All the pomp and circumstance of regular AF games, with a great 9/11 tribute. Its good to be an American! Thanks Amanda for the tickets! After the game I got my last up-close glimpse of the mountains. My OB won't let me go up anymore. All for good reason though!
August
We found out we were expecting!
Then we found out we were having TWINS! This was a VERY early ultrasound 6w2d-our first one. Aren't they beautiful?
July
July was lazy :)
I did get to go to the Daddy of Em' All-Cheyenne Frontier Days-Love! I got to meet some amazing women and hang out with some that I already knew and loved, so fun :) I'd post more pictures from Frontier Days, but since my blog is public, I'm not sure they'd appreciate their pictures all over the internet. I'm courteous like that ;) It was a blast and I hope to get back this year.
Most people don't see the southern part of WY as anything to look at, I beg to differ. I love the rolling plains and their sharp contrast to the Rockies. Very serene.
See? There's just something about this place that I love.
June
My dad and Nova came to visit! They came in Sept also, but I don't have pictures from that trip. We love visitors! We went to the Train Museum in Golden and a festival in downtown Golden. It was fun :)May
Last trip to Estes for 2010
Literally TOP of the Rockies, love it up there.Last trip to Leadville, my favorite place on earth ;)
M at twin lakes, just heavenlyKristen and Troy's Jersey Shore party, got a little OC!
Last trip to Georgetown!
M and Nellie enjoying Georgetown Lake, also a favorite spotApril
Estes in the SNOW!
Standing on frozen Bear LakeAlso in April-we lived through tax season (!), I went to my friend Mel's baby shower in Cheyenne and later this month she and her hubby Matt welcomed their beautiful baby girl J! I'd love to post pics of this sweet little angel, but their blog is private and I don't want to breech their privacy, but trust me when I say, she's a beauty!
January-March
This span of 2010 was a snowy, busy blur. No pictures exist because it was a constant blizzard and I worked a lot for tax season. I can't remember much from the beginning of 2010, so we'll call it good and sum up the worlds longest blog post ever, shall we?!
Tonight I'll be hanging out on the couch, trying to stay awake for the ball drop. M has to work, but he promises me he'll be home to watch it with me and give me and the babies our New Year's kiss! As 2010 closes, I say goodbye to a beautiful year. A year when we saw enough of Colorado to last a lifetime, a year when we found out that the Lord had blessed with our hearts desire, a year that ends peacefully and beautifully. A year for the record books.
My hopes for 2011 are endless. This year I will become Mommy and watch my sweet husband and best friend become a Daddy. I'll watch in awe as he meets his newborn twins for the very first time, falling head over heals in love with God's greatest blessings. I'll take too many pictures of our babies and I'll soak in all the goodness that parenthood has to offer. I'll never forget to thank God for his gift. I'll smell my babies head's way too often-taking in that sweet, pure newborn scent. I'll give them way too many kisses and fall more deeply in love with my husband, as I see him embrace the role of Daddy. I have a feeling, love is about to take on a whole new meaning in our little corner of the world.
This year, my parents become grandparents. They'll see their legacy (times two) in the form of two little lives and spoil them rotten! This year my little brother becomes an uncle. This year my mom will marry her best friend. This year is filled with goodness. This year will bring new challenges and with new challenges come opportunities to learn. I'm hoping to take life a bit slower and enjoy all the moments these next 12 months bring. I'm hoping and praying that M also gets orders out of here this year-in the form of an Army commission. They are long overdue :) This year I wish the best for all my nearest and dearest. I pray that all of you have a beautiful 2011, full of hope, health, love and laughter!
Happy New Year!!!











Aww that last bit made me cry. I can't wait for this year! It's going to be great for you! I can't wait for you to meet those precious babies! It's going to be AMAZING!
ReplyDelete